Sunday 22 May 2011

Let's go fly a kite...


A brilliant day at the Kite Festival at Harewood House in Leeds.  A little bit too blustery for perfect kite flying and the odd shower but that didn't spoil the fun.  I flew a kite which I haven't done for as long as I can remember - kindly lent to my by one of my nephews.  And I came home with a beautiful rainbow kite all of my own thanks to my gorgeous husband.

I'm worn out by now - we seem to have done loads!!  The day started with a large picnic - eaten in the car due to the rain.  We then went on to Hook a Duck, and bungee trampolining.  We saw the penguins and baby pheasants and huge birds of prey.  We even made Red Kite themed hats.  I did model mine but due to hysterical laughter from the rest of the family that photo is not for public consumption!!

As well as the kites, there was a teddy bear theme to the day so Snowy came along for the ride.  He enjoyed the kites but just likes to watch as his paws are too big to hold the string.


I've done some sewing this weekend as well.  A very enjoyable workshop with the very talented and lovely Stephanie Redfern.  I'll sort some photos and then post them too - although there's not much to see yet as I'm mid-design. 

Hope you've had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly had a great weekend as part of this fab event! I can recommend the picnic and I enjoyed watching the kite flying (I sat near Snowy!) But the highlight of the day must be he Red Kite hat - a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete