Friday 25 March 2011

The advantage of being without the machine...

...is that it's encouraged me to do some finishing off bits. I enjoy hand sewing but I tend to put off the last bits on machined items - like buttons and poppers. So, as I was without the Janome, I took the opportunity to finish off a couple of items which I had done at Chaos summer school last year.

The first is a bag which just needed poppers on the sides and the handles finishing off. Not the best photos I'm afraid as I don't have any good background to hang it against, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

I thought the fabric was fun - it's a good size so I'll probably use it for storing projects. Or wear it out if I'm feeling brave!!


The second was a cute pencil case - again just needing buttons and poppers. I love this fabric too - I've got loads of the stuff ready for Halloween projects.

So that's 2 off the 17 on the priority pile!!



No comments:

Post a Comment